INSTALLATION OF ECLIPSE
Aldeniz Rashidov, www.aldeniz.eu
I. Installation of Eclipse under MAC OS X
In this section I will you introduce how install the integrated development environment (IDE) Eclipse under OS MAC OS X. Eclipse is an essential tool used at development of Android and Java applications and provides the ability to create, build and setup program code in Java.
1. Download Eclipse from address https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/(fig. 1).
Fig. 1. Installation Eclipse Neon
2. By using the button Download 64 bit is performed confirmation of download or choose an alternative server for downloading Eclipse (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2. Confirmation before downloading of Eclipse
3. Select folder to store the installation file eclipse–inst–mac64. tar.gz. The file downloads
all necessary components of Eclipse. The direct address of the file is https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/oomph/epp/neon/R2a/eclipse-inst-mac64.tar.gz&mirror_id=1208.
Fig. 3. Select folder to store the installation file
4. Open the downloaded (archive) file eclipse–inst–mac64.tar .gz. Unarchive file into the current (or another) directory. Open the file with name Eclipse installer (Fig. 3).
5. At first start of the installation file is required to confirm with button Open, that you agree to run the file that is downloaded from the Internet (Fig. 4).
Fig. 4. Confirmation for opennig of the installation file
6. The installation file checks for necessary tools to work with Eclipse. Checks whether is installed extension Java Development Kit (JDK) on platform Java Runtime Environment (JRE). JDK expands JRE with tools for developing of Java applications.
Fig. 5. Check for Java Development Kit (JDK)
7. Download of Java Development Kit (JDK) from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/(Fig. 6). The direct link to download Java SE Development Kit 8u121 is http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html.
Fig. 6. Download Java Development Kit
8. Choosing a version Java SE Development Kit 8u121 for OS X. Before download the file jdk-8u121-macosx-x64.dmg for MAC OS X x64 you need to agree with license terms for use of the JDK (Fig. 7) as select button Accept License Agreement.
Fig. 7. Download verion Java SE Development Kit 8u121 for MAC OS X
9. Start the downloaded (image archive) file jdk-8u121-macosx-x64.dmg and launch the setup file JDK 8 Update 121.pkg (Fig. 8).
Fig. 8. Start of installation file with Java Development Kit
10. Installation of JDK 8 Update 121 (fig. 9 and fig. 10).
Fig. 9. Start the installation of JDK 8 Update 121
Fig. 10. Successfully installed JDK 8 Update 121
11. Restart of the Eclipse installation process by file Eclipse installer (fig. 3 and fig. 11).
Fig. 11. Installing of Eclipse after installation of JDK
12. Selecting the version for install according to the application and the specifics of programming. In the event that you will develop applications for the Android OS, it is desirable to choose a version Eclipse for Android Developers (Fig. 12).
Fig. 12. Selecting the version Eclipse for Android Developers
13. Installing a version Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 13).
Fig. 13. Installing a version Eclipse for Android Developers
14. Accepting the license agreement to install a version of Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 14).
Fig. 14. Accepting the license agreement to install a version of Eclipse for Android Developers
15. Successfully installed version Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 15).
Fig. 15. Successfully installed version Eclipse for Android Developers
16. Launch of Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 16) after using of button Launch (fig. 15).
Фиг. 16. Launch of Eclipse for Android Developers
17. Set the working area (working directory) of Eclipse (Fig. 17). The work area can be changed each start time of Eclipse in case the option Use this as the default and do not ask again not be selected.
Fig. 17. Set the working area (working directory) of Eclipse
18. Configure of the Android SDK, required to develop applications for Android. Eclipse offers to download Android SDK or select the folder in which is installed version of the Android SDK (Fig. 18).
Fig. 18. Configure of the Android SDK for use with Eclipse
19. Home screen of Eclipse (fig. 19 and fig. 20).
Fig. 19. Home screen of Eclipse – choice of operation
Fig. 20. Home screen of Eclipse – workspace