INSTALLATION OF ECLIPSE
Aldeniz Rashidov, www.aldeniz.eu
In this section I will you introduce how install the integrated development environment (IDE) Eclipse under OS Windows. Eclipse is an essential tool used at development of Android and Java applications and provides the ability to create, build and setup program code in Java.
1. Download Eclipse from address https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ (fig. 1).
Fig. 1. Installation Eclipse Neon
2. Using the button Download 64 bit is performed confirmation of download or choose an alternative server for downloading Eclipse (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2. Confirmation before downloading of Eclipse
3. Download of installation file eclipse–inst–win64.exe into the current folder for downloads (fig. 3). The direct address is https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/oomph/epp/neon/R3/eclipse-inst-win64.exe&mirror_id=1099.
Fig. 3. Download of instalation file
4. Run the file you downloaded eclipse–inst–win64.exe (fig. 4).
Fig. 4.Run downloaded file eclipse–inst–win64.exe
5. May be need confirm openning the installation file from OS. Accept openning.
6. The installation file checks for necessary tools to work with Eclipse (fig. 5). Checks whether is installed extension Java Development Kit (JDK) on platform Java Runtime Environment (JRE). JDK expands JRE with tools for developing of Java applications.
Fig. 5. Check for Java Development Kit (JDK)
7. Download of Java Development Kit (JDK) from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/(Fig. 6). The direct link to download Java SE Development Kit 8u121 is http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html.
Fig. 6. Download Java Development Kit
8. Choosing a version Java SE Development Kit 8u121 for OS Windows x64. Before downloading of file jdk-8u121-windows-x64.exe for OS Windows x64 you need to agree with license terms for use of the JDK (Fig. 7) as select button Accept License Agreement.
Fig. 7. Download verion Java SE Development Kit 8u121 for Windows x64
9. Download of file jdk-8u121-windows-x64.exe (Fig. 8).
Fig. 8. Download of Java Development Kit
10. Run of installation file jdk-8u121-windows-x64.exe (fig. 9).
Fig. 9. Run of installation file with JDK 8 Update 121
11. Start installation of JDK 8 Update 121 (fig. 10).
Fig. 10. Start installation of JDK 8 Update 121
12. Select optional features to install and directory for installation of JDK 8 Update 121 (fig. 11).
Fig. 11. Select optional features to install and directory for installation of JDK 8 Update 121
13. Choice of destination folder for Public JRE (fig. 12).
Fig. 12. Choice of destination folder for Public JRE
14. Successfully installed JDK 8 Update 121 and Public JRE (fig. 13).
Fig. 13. Successfully installed JDK 8 Update 121 and Public JRE
15. Restart of the Eclipse installation process with file eclipse-inst-win64.exe (fig. 14 and fig. 15) .
Fig. 14. Installing of Eclipse after installation of JDK
Fig. 15. Home screen of Eclipse after JDK installation
16. Selecting the version for install according to the application and the specifics of programming. In the event that you will develop applications for the Android OS, it is desirable to choose a version Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 16).
Fig. 16. Selecting the version Eclipse for Android Developers
17. Installing a version Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 17).
Fig. 17. Installing a version Eclipse for Android Developer
18. Accepting the license agreement to install a version Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 18).
Fig. 18. Accepting the license agreement to install a version Eclipse for Android Developers
19. Successfully installed version Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 19).
Fig. 19. Successfully installed version Eclipse for Android Developers
20. Launch of Eclipse for Android Developers (fig. 20) after using of button Launch (fig. 19).
Fig. 20. Launch of Eclipse for Android Developers
21. Set the working area (workspace) for Eclipse (Fig. 21). The work area can be changed each start time of Eclipse in case the option Use this as the default and do not ask again not be selected.
Fig. 21. Set the working area (workspace) of Eclipse
22. Configuration of Android SDK, required to develop applications for Android. Eclipse offers to download Android SDK or select the folder in which is installed version of the Android SDK (Fig. 22).
Fig. 22. Configuration of Android SDK for use with Eclipse
23. Hone screen of Eclipse (fig. 23 and fig. 24).
Fig. 23. Hone screen of Eclipse – choice of operation
Fig. 24. Hone screen of Eclipse – workspace